Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Day

We have had all sorts of issues in the last month because one of our teachers quit to have a baby. We are one teacher short, so I have been considering all sorts of options- blending classrooms, moving teachers around, etc. I finally decided that I could leave all the teachers in their respective places, if I taught, not the entire class day, but just the lesson (story), in one room. 

So that is what happened today. It remains to be seen what everyone else thought, but I am not usually TOO far off the beat.

After class, I went by our Teaching Director's house  and covered some issues on ordering curriculum for next year, and then came home and straightened up the house, (not too bad at the moment!)

I have started a quilting project, called Second Saturday, with a friend. Here is how it works. You go to the quilting store on the second Saturday of  January and pick up a quilt block kit for 5.00. Then, you make the quilt block. The second saturday of February you show them the quilt block you made and they give you the next one for free. Theoretically, you have a quilt at the end of the year , for 5.00.

So after I straightened the house, I started working on my quilt block. It is HARD!!!!! It turns out to be a nine inch block and has and has 51 pieces, ( think- my math is not the greatest.) All those quarter inch seams! I worked on that for a couple of hours- talk about intense!- and then helped Rich hang valances in our keeping room as part of a home improvement project. 

I am BEAT! FIZZLED!  I think mostly from quilting, or should I say piecing....it is INTENSE- at least at my level of ability!


8 comments:

  1. Enjoy a nice quite week-end
    Pastor Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intense, I'm stressed just reading it. I worked at a fabric store for three years and I never could convince myself to anything but the simplest quilt. :) I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen such beautiful work in quilting. I hope you post a pic when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please make me a quilt. I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im anxious to see your quilt in a picture. My exs mother was talented in quilting. She made both of my children a quilt for them when they were babies. Take care. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must post a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds very intense. I have never tackled anything with that many pieces. I am anxious to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete