Sunday, January 4, 2009

Peyton Manning and Co.

They lost their wild card game yesterday. 
:(
I love our local team, the Indianapolis Colts, and love our coach, Tony Dungee. Peyton is my fave Q.B. of all time, maybe with the exception  of Roger Staubach from the old Dallas Cowboy days. I was sad when they lost. Maybe another year. One year I would love to see Peyton be our coach, with Jim Sorgi as our qb. And Tony around here giving them advice and helping our city's youth!
I really appreciate quality people who, instead of just glorying in their abilities, try to give back.

Peyton was named the MVP this year, for the third time, and is quarterbacking the pro bowl with his brother Eli. First time in history that bothers have been chosen to QB the Pro Bowl!

I love football anyway and watched the Vikings/Eagles game today with interest. Though it did take some heart out of watching, since our Colts won't be playing again this year.

Today the temperature dropped about 45 degrees. We're in for some more cold weather! Abby is home til January 12th. I surely am enjoying that! 
It's been a lovely weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange that the loss of JS brought us sisters back together? I love it. :)
    Paul came in the bedroom while the game was in overtime and said I bet your sister is having a fit. I watched the last of it and was hoping they would win just for you. :( Like you said, there's always next year. Love you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry they lost the game, sis. You know how I love football and know so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "don't do sports", so can't comment on the game; I can, however, sympathize with the empty nest. The holidays go by so quickly when "kids" are home on break from college. Enjoy these days together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger Staubach wow that name brings back memories of the Cowboys heart attack come from behind fourth quarter wins. He was so good that I gave up footballs when he retired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you'll just have to switch to basketball and go to a few Butler Bulldog games for me since I'm too far away. They are ranked #20 and #21 in the top two polls today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice week and the child it home for a little while.
    Roz

    ReplyDelete